Centro Cultural Tikvah is a K-12 dual Spanish-English language immersion Christian school that is being launched August, 2020 in Mazatlan, Mexico. It will launch with Kindergarten year one and Primary year one classes. The school will grow by adding a cohort of students each year until the school serves students in K1-12th grades. Class sizes will range from 15-20 with a goal of serving students from a blend of economic backgrounds. The curriculum will emphasize students developing deep personal relationships with Jesus Christ, oral and written fluency in both Spanish and English, and develop the knowledge and critical thinking skills necessary to pursue their own vision and God’s purpose for their lives.Job Description
The school is a new school and is seeking to hire two Teacher/Director positions: one for a kindergarten program (K1-K3) and one for a primary program (grades 1-5). These individuals will serve as the founding staff and will have the opportunity create and build the school’s organizational design and the student, staff, and family cultures. This means that s/he will take the lead in implementing an education plan that includes a curriculum, organizational structure, and expected outcomes for their respective programs. The lead will also take the responsibility for hiring support staff and future teaching staff. Additionally, these individuals will have primary responsibility for teaching the first class in their respective programs. A middle school and high school program will be added in future years.
These individuals will be expected to establish a culture of spiritual and educational discipleship. Creating a school where students and staff are committed to pursuing excellence as a means of shaping their futures and fulfilling God’s purpose in their lives. This will require guiding the development of curriculum that emphasizes instruction based in inquiry, integration of ideas, and application of learning. Finally, it will include hiring and developing the spiritual professional capacity of staff.
This will include:
· Ensuring classroom experiences maximize instructional time
· Managing student behavior
· Integrating a Biblical worldview throughout all aspects of the program
· Developing a curriculum scope and sequence and managing curriculum implementation
· Ensuring instruction reflects research based best practices based in inquiry, integration, and application of learning
· Developing strong relationships with students, fellow staff, parents, and the Board of Directors
· Maintaining the safety and security of students and the schoolRequired Qualifications
· Personal faith in Jesus Christ
· Bachelor’s Degree and Teacher Certification
· Bilingual and biliterate in Spanish and EnglishPreferred Qualifications & Experience
· Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership
· Experience working in bilingual education
· Experience in a Latin American school environment
· Experience leading a team of professionals or schoolRequired Skills
· Knowledge of research based instructional strategies and bilingual education
· Able to create and guide a strong professional learning community
· Able to communicate effectively both orally and in written form in Spanish and English
· Facilitate and promote collaborative decision making
· Able to coach and give meaningful instructional feedbackCompensation
The compensation will include a salary, health insurance, and retirement package competitive in Mazatlan. We will support candidates in raising additional support.